Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Kennedy, Jim (1955-65) 100+; Date of Death + Located (?)
Topic Started: Nov 17 2010, 02:48 PM (1,480 Views)
kevtic
Administrator
Posted June 23rd EB1967
As promised I spoke to jims daughter to establish exactly where his grave is. She reliably informed me he is buried in elderslie,s NEW cemetery. For anyone who would maybe like to jog along for a visit, I will explain how to get there, as i think the council were trying to hide it from people.
Coming throo elderslie from the paisley direction, the Night palace chinese rest. is on your right, with a petrol station on your left 50 yds later on, on an upward gradient. Another 50yds on the right at the brow of the hill take a right turn into castle road, immediately opposite the William Wallace monument. No not that wan. This is the wan wi the sword that died in 1305 I should have said slow down cos you will miss it! This road is only 100 or so, yds long, and brings you to a junction with old road. take a left and follow the road as far as it goes. at a right hand bend you will cross a very narrow railway bridge, and it will seem as if you are travelling into nowhere. That is because you are! The entrance to the cemetery is on the right, just over the bridge, built on farmland between elderslie and johnstone, and tucked well away. There is a signpost at the bottom of castle rd, but you would have missed it anyway! The cemetery has only been open 20 yrs approx, and is relatively empty. Jim Kennedy's grave is on the right, about four rows from where the graves begin, near to the wall which runs parallel with the railway. If you hurry up you will meet Lubohenrik with a camera
Jim Kennedy played for Celtic in the late 50's up until as late as 1966, I think. He would have been well known to nearly all of the lisbon lions, having played with them in their formative years.

A Bear (green one)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

steve

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Kennedy%2C+Jim

Died December 2, 2003.

tollcross

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Players K to L · Next Topic »
Add Reply