Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
King, Alex (1895-1900); Date + Place of Death
Topic Started: Dec 17 2011, 11:29 AM (1,263 Views)
steve

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/King%2C+Alexander

Died: Shotts, 12 December 1957
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

viewpark_tims

Alphabet of Celts:

Born: 27/07/1871, Dykehead

Died: 12/12/1957, Shotts

Wiki Page:

Born: 27/07/1871, Dykehead

Died: 12/12/1957, Shotts

Register House Visit:

This is an ideal example where the Alphabet of Celts researchers have not checked a birth certficate with the death certificate to confirm that the parents names are the same in both instances.

Using the Alphabet of Celts data there was an Alexander King born on 27/07/1871 but with parents David King & Mary Wilson and there was an Alexander King who died on 11/12/1957 but registered on 12/12/1957 but in this case the parents are George King & Helen Whitelaw.

Given that the death was not too far in the past, I have assumed it to be correct and therefore the next task was to find a birth for an Alexander King who had parents George King & Helen Whitelaw. This was successful.

Born: 18/06/1871, Dykehead (Parents George King & Helen Whitelaw) - I have a copy of the certificate

Married: Date not checked but married to Margaret Paris (?) surname was difficult to decipher

Death: 11/12/1857, Shotts (Parents George King & Helen Whitelaw) - I have a copy of the certificate

It might be worthwhile trying to find an obituary or some other reference to Alex's death that confirms he was at least a footballer or even better that he was an Ex-Celt.

Just to maybe complicate things there was another Alexander King born around the same time (25/09/1871) to parents Alexander King & Catherine Jeffrey.

Also, check the John King profile to see the parental link to Alex

steve

Nothing in the Herald, Evening Times, or Bulletin on Dec 11/12/13 1957.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Players K to L · Next Topic »
Add Reply