Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Kennaway, Joe (1931-1939) 100+; Date + Place of Death
Topic Started: May 10 2011, 09:07 PM (1,524 Views)
Camillo

Date of birth January 25, 1905
Place of birth Montreal, Canada

Date of death March 7, 1969 (aged 64)
Place of death Johnston, Rhode Island, United States

His wife being from Providence, the couple settled there after the War where Kennaway went on to coach the soccer team of Brown University from 1946 to 1959, replacing Sam Fletcher.
In 2000 he was inducted into the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame.

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Kennaway%2C+Joe
Edited by Camillo, May 10 2011, 09:13 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

joebloggscity
Member Avatar

From Jamie_Fox on TheCelticWiki

Quote:

Many thanks to Football historian Colin Jose for the information below, Mr Jose has been a great help to the Celtic Wiki in the past and his continued input is greatly appreciated.
When Joe left Scotland in 1939 he did not go back to the United States, he went back to Canada, home to Montreal.There he coached (and maybe played) a team in the Montreal and District League named WINGS.I don't have the record of this team, but have always intended to check it out and the length of time it operated.If you have micro film of the Montreal Gazette or the Montreal Star, in Glasgow, you can verify what I am saying.Also Joe was inducted into the New England Soccer Hall of Fame in 1997, after his death of course.I was a guest at the ceremony held in the Portuguese Club in Cranston, Rhode Island.Also a guest was Joe's son Grant, and other members of his family.I was asked to speak and spoke about Joe's career.Interesting enough, also inducted at the same time was Bert Patenaude (also deceased) who played for the United States at the World Cup of 1950.You can find the New England Soccer Hall of Fame on line.With Best Wishes,Colin Jose

joebloggscity
Member Avatar

source: http://impactsoccer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11933&view=unread

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Players K to L · Next Topic »
Add Reply