Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Hamilton, Davie; 22nd Jan 2011
Topic Started: Jan 25 2011, 03:55 PM (7,857 Views)
Dianogah
Member Avatar

camillo

Posted Image

A wee video from Celtic TV about this Saturday's commemoration at Davie Hamilton's graveside. Enjoy - and bring a friend along!

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2whqj5k&s=7

hammy

Quote:

Cannot thank you enough!

That looks brilliant! Proud as punch.

camillo

Quote:

Hammy

I was at CP this morning and sung your praises and that of your family. We will be getting advance publicity on Celtic TV.

As soon as I started talking about you they brightened up as they had been in contact with your family via Facebook. Was that you?

hammy

Quote:

They put up on their page a pic of the 1906/07 I said that it was my great great granda.

It might have been that but I wasn't in contact with them on Facebook.

joebloggscity
Quote:

weeshamrock

Quote:

Bring on the Hammies by the score!

Looking forward to another great Celtic occasion in the company of The Dancer's descendants. A tremendous Celtic player, hopefully the ceremony will make him known to many more among the Faithful.

tollcross

Quote:

I will be at dalbeath on the 22nd (my beloved mothers birthday) but might not make the ceremony, would appreciate it if you can let me know directions to the lair and i will pay my respects then.

would also like 2 of those programmes similar to the DD ones that were printed

berniemc

Quote:

I had been in contact with Chris at Celtic via email a few times, lovely bloke and always very very helpful (Davie's my great grandfather - my mum's mum is his daughter) - afraid I won't be able to attend the ceremony because I live near London but am very pleased and grateful to CGS for arranging it, its a shame as it would have been lovely to meet other descendants :-(

spyda1967

Quote:

looking forward to meeting up with you all again

camillo

Quote:

It's by the tree in section 15

3789ft

Quote:

Hi all,
Travelling up from deepest, darkest Wiltshire with my daughter to be at Davie's ceremony on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting Hammy, who I have yet to meet and other family members I have not been in contact with for a long time. Many Thanks for the CGS for arranging this event.

berniemc

Quote:

Hi 3789ft - Im very nosey - how are you related to Davie ? :-)

3789ft

Quote:

Berniemc,
I am Davie's great grandson. My mother Violet was the daughter of John Joseph, one of Davie's sons. I have been in contact with your sister Marvin on Rootschat.com and sent her a family photo of Davie, copies of certificates and my e-mail address. Has she not passed any info on?
Hammy is my cousin's son who I have yet to meet and to be honest I last saw his dad when we were kids!

berniemc

Quote:

Hi 3789, my sister does tell me these things but I think Im beginning to lose track ! lol

So your mum is my mums cousin - is your mum still alive ? Unfortunately mine isnt so I cant ask questions and neither is May (another of your mums cousins from Davie's other daughter) - nice to 'meet' you :-)

tollcross

Quote:

cheers got a good idea where that is

Edited by Dianogah, Aug 25 2011, 03:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dianogah
Member Avatar

caltonbhoy1967
Quote:

Best Wishes for the Commeroration tomorrow.

Fantastic effort put in all round. :)

maleysspirit

Quote:

Same from me, won`t be able to make it due to work/kids , but great work again by all involved.

antsplan

Quote:

First class guys, another wonderful achievement.

More after the game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

thehumantorpedo

Quote:

Congratulations on what sounds like another touching and wonderful event. It is a fantastic achievement. Amazing work by all involved. Thank you all.

camillo

Quote:

Can I just say that the tremendous podcast by TheHumanTorpedo on CU really helped to build the momentum for today. You really have a talent for this and it is a great way for Celts to learn of their history. Thank you.

caltonbhoy1967

Quote:

Would agree with camillo re THT's Podcast.

Also many,many thanks to all those who managed along today - It is very much appreciated.

Special thanks once again to Antsplan and marst 72.

Dianogah
Member Avatar

antsplan
Quote:

no need to thank me John, I'm delighted to be involved.

Incidentally guys, if anyone wishes to have a CD of all of the images either from this ceremony or the Dan Doyle, I'll gladly provide all of the images in full size and un-watermarked, in return for a £10 donation direct to CGS.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Dianogah
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

biggreg

Quote:

Great day yesterday , very proud to take part in it .

Ps. Jim thanks for taking me to Jimmy McGrory's grave .

joebloggscity

Quote:

joebloggscity

Quote:

updated:
http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/Hamilton%2C+David+-+Grave+%26+Memorial
Report to Mod - Link to Post - Back to Top IP: 94.4.104.200

michaelmckeown

Quote:

A massive Thanks to all at the CGS for their work on this. It is fantastic that all the early Celts are being remembered in this way.

Brilliant.

hammy

Quote:

The Hamilton family cant thank you's enough.

It was a great day and we are all very proud!

Hail Hail

babaoriley

Quote:

I'm a new member on here and attended Davie Hamilton memorial yesterday.
Thought it was a very good service, and I got a chance to speak to Sean at the service and in the CSA afterwards.

I'd like to say that the work done by the CGS is absolutely top class, it makes me proud to be a Celtic supporter. It emphasises how much Celtic is more than just a football team, and it sets us apart from the rest.

Hail! Hail!

weeshamrock

Quote:

Wonderful photos again Ants!! Truly captured the atmosphere of a special day in a special place. Was also wonderful to see so many members of the Hamilton family in attendance. A day that will live long in the memory. Well done everyone.

eddiepearson

Quote:

Podcast 118: Davie Hamilton - Celtic Graves Society
http://bit.ly/cupod118

A wee extra podcast this week. Yesterday the Celtic Graves Society celebrated the life of Davie "The Dancer" Hamilton and we've put together a wee podcast to recognise the event. Psychoheart has kindly provided us with the audio of the event and we hear the words of Brendan Sweeney, Jim Craig, Tony Hamilton and, most importantly, Sean Hamilton - the great, great grandson of Davie. Eddie managed to have a chat with Sean after the event and he shares with us just how it felt to have his ancestor honoured in this fashion. Jim from Celtic Graves Society also joins Eddie for a quick look back on another highly successful Celtic Graves event.

Dianogah
Member Avatar

kilsythcsc

Quote:

Yet another fantastic effort by everyone involved in the celtic graves society, a great way to remember one of celtics original legends, the dancer would have been so proud to see so many members of his family in attendance, both blood relations and the Celtic family.

caltonbhoy1967

Quote:

Cheers kilsythcsc - I agree with your sentiments - This was a success due to EVERYONE involved and thanks once again to you all - There are unsung members on CGS (non Committee Bhoys) who put aside their own work from which they earn their living at short notice to help out - Every single member on CGS's help and backing is very much appreciated.

Slightly OT - We have visited the grave of another TRUE CELTIC LEGEND Jimmy Quinn who played alongside Davie Hamilton - Jimmy as you will know is buried in Kilsyth Cemetery and the headstone is a fantastic tribute to this Celtic Great. - There was no staff around at the time for us to ask so do you (or does anybody else) happen to know is the other Celt Jimmy Quinn (The Croy Express's grandson) buried in the cemetery and do you know whereabouts?

Many thanks.

kilsythcsc

Quote:

I have done some asking about this morning and from the feedback so far most people are saying he was buried in kilsyth cemetery, Got a couple of guys goin to ask about today to see if they can come up with a location.

brotherwalfrid

Quote:

it was a great day all round, well done to everybody involved

michaelmckeown

Quote:

I will ask the Wifes Uncle about Young Jimmy.

He knew him as he was the Parish Priest in St Pat. I have heard a few stories of him.

3789ft

Quote:

Many thanks to the CGS and all those who attended on saturday to make it a memorable day for the Family. Great work!!

Dianogah
Member Avatar

Nice piece on the official site

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=604

joebloggscity
Member Avatar

In the booklet it says Davie won Scottish Cup medals in 1903/04, 1907/08 & 1910/11.

Did he not get a medal for the 1906/07 Scottish Cup victory? Did he play?

Acc to the records in the wiki he played 7games in the Scottish cup run of 1906/07 and so amazing if he didn't get a medal....

Edited by joebloggscity, Feb 1 2011, 02:51 PM.

kevtic
Administrator
joebloggscity
Feb 1 2011, 02:44 PM
In the booklet it says Davie won Scottish Cup medals in 1903/04, 1907/08 & 1910/11.

Acc to the records in the wiki he played 7games in the Scottish cup run of 1906/07 and so amazing if he didn't get a medal....

For some reason, probably injury he didn't play in the final against Hearts. He also missed the semi final replay against Hibs. He did play 7 times in the comp that season, there was another drawn and replayed game in the run. Bobby Templeton played in his place for those 2 games.

joebloggscity
Member Avatar

kevtic
Feb 3 2011, 09:55 PM
joebloggscity

For some reason, probably injury he didn't play in the final against Hearts. He also missed the semi final replay against Hibs. He did play 7 times in the comp that season, there was another drawn and replayed game in the run. Bobby Templeton played in his place for those 2 games.
cheers mate, in the wiki i'll record it still that he won a medal for 1906/07 then, but back in those days likely only those who played in the final got medals...

kevtic
Administrator
joebloggscity
Feb 4 2011, 10:59 AM
kevtic
Feb 3 2011, 09:55 PM
joebloggscity

cheers mate, in the wiki i'll record it still that he won a medal for 1906/07 then, but back in those days likely only those who played in the final got medals...
Do players even get medals these days if they miss the final but have played in other games? I know in the league you get a medal if you played in 10 or more games but not sure this applies in the cup final. I remember the final in 95 that Brian O'Neill missed because of injury and he burst into tears when Gordon Marshall (think it was him) gave him his medal.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Completed Projects · Next Topic »
Add Reply