Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Original Photograph of Brother Walfrid Discovered; Different
Topic Started: Mar 17 2017, 10:50 PM (347 Views)
tollcross

Yes they are different :rocker:

By looking at the reverse and by doing a wee bit of digging i can now date it to 1885 which would make Walfrid 45 :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CelticIreland

Monumental find TC, taken a very short time apart probably? Given the distance between his right hand and the bible?
Very very slight different pose and holding belly in on original one ha! Face looks slightly broader.
Think it proves that the original pic had some work which made him look younger, rather than the pics being taken at different times.

:sherlock:

tollcross

There is no doubt the images above would have been taken within minutes if not seconds of each other and almost certainly took in Turnbull & Sons Studio at 10 Jamaica Street Glasgow in 1885.

As for a monumental find, it certainly was and of the highest order which i have to thank two Celtic men for thinking of me when invited to go and view the private collection that belonged to direct descendants of the Glass Family.

Luckily enough i was allowed to photograph and take notes of the contents of what was inside, an unbelievable find which i named Pandora's Box but it could have easily been named the Walfrid or Glass box.

As of yet i do not have permission from the family to show these images in a public forum, i was allowed to contact Celtic and ask if they wanted a loan of the items but because this is the anniversary year of Lisbon, they declined.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · If You Know Your History · Next Topic »
Add Reply